Status Non-Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Department Audio Visual Rentals and Services
Pay Level Based on experience
This position is primarily focused on managing Audio-Visual event production on location as well as doing technical work in the office as directed. A high level of Audio Visual technical knowledge and the ability to troubleshoot and learn new things is necessary. Organization and follow through is key as you would both delegate work and oversee event setups. This work can be mentally and physically challenging as well as require long hours at certain times of the year.
Essential Job Functions:
– Fills orders and writes pull sheets accurately.
– Set up, tear down, transport and maintain audio visual equipment safely and efficiently.
– Able to assist the director in helping clients and with sales inquiries when directed.
– Reports damaged, broken, or missing equipment immediately to A/V Director immediately.
– Able to check in and out and perform quality control on all A/V equipment.
– Able to create, follow and adapt event production plans to assure that all equipment is set correctly, taken down correctly and shows are run according to plan.
– Have excellent customer service and communication skills at all times, especially during long shifts and under stress.
– Communicate low quantities of all consumables or perishable tools needed both in the warehouse and on job sites to the office manager.
– Maintains a high level of cleanliness at all times in vehicles, the dock, office, warehouse and event sites.
– Manages A/V staff, contractors and freelance laborers at all event sites.
– Must be able to install all required A/V jobs including those needing the use of a ladder, forklift or scissor lift.
– Keeps up to date on industry trends and new technologies and trains staff on new knowledge to ensure the department stays competitive in the market.
– Must be able to effectively run events and crew with minimal help from the A/V director.
– Maintains a neat, orderly, and professional appearance in personal grooming and immediate environment.
– High level of customer service skills, anticipates the needs of all clients.
– High level of organizational skills to balance multiple competing priorities.
– Positive attitude and active pursuit of high standards.
– Able to work with a diverse range of communication styles to effectively complete job duties and manage conflicts that arise.
– Must have full range of motion and dexterity.
– Very fast learner of new technology. Willing to adapt and learn new technologies.
– Able to fluently utilize all Microsoft office applications, PCP rental software, Google docs and email.
– Must be able to take responsibility for your own actions and mistakes.
– Must be able to fill in for director as department head in their absence.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
– High school diploma or equivalent GED required.
– At least two years experience of audio visual event support.
– Must be physically fit and able to lift 80 lbs and be on your feet for up to 10 hours at a time.
– Must have a reliable means of personal transportation, drivers license, and clean driving record.
– Fluent English speaker.
– Must have a flexible schedule including nights, mornings, weekends, weekdays and some holidays.
– Must be able to climb a ladder, drive a forklift and operate a scissor lift.
Desired Previous Job Experience: AV Sales, Technology Business Management, AV Lead Technician, Rigging Technicians, Low-Voltage Electrical Certification, other related industry experience.
Peter Corvallis Productions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.