Position Title: Freelance Media Management Associate
Position Reports To: Supervisor, Media Management
Position Summary: MLB Network is looking for a Freelance Media Management Associate to handle daily content management tasks for the Company's file-based media systems. This includes daily monitoring and review of new content being ingested into the systems, facilitating and assisting in retrieval of content, screening and editing of content, creation of content metadata, and content file management. This role would be responsible for handling file-based video acquisition and distribution of assigned media and delivering content and process video uploads for assigned MLB.com, clubs, and other domestic and international partners.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Coordinates with MLB Network, NHL Network, MLB Clubs, and content partners to ingest and deliver required digital assets.
- Collaborate with Production and Editorial teams to effectively execute MLB.com and club site video queues.
- Team with fellow freelance Media Management Associates to ensure real-time highlight expectations are met on Gameday, At Bat, MLB.com, and club sites.
- Process assigned videos for MLB.com, MILB, YES, SNY, USA Baseball, etc.
- Execute content delivery for assigned content partners such as Facebook, Amazon, YouTube, etc.
- Ensure technical and metadata quality standards are met for video delivered to MLB.com, club sites, and external partners.
- Using AI Automated In-Game Highlight, monitor posting of game highlights to Gameday and At Bat.
- Manage Club site real-time highlight video queues.
- Metadata and thumbnail management for MLB.com, YouTube, and other digital partners.
- Digital content creation and distribution – basic editing of assigned content from MLB Network and NHL Network for use on MLB.com, NHL.com, and various social media platforms.
- Assists departments in media research and locating desired digital assets across enterprise-level asset management systems and third-party archive systems.
- Provide first level technical support for video production and content management workflows, MLB's DIAMOND / DIAMOND on ICE content management solutions and Oracle's Front Porch Digital DIVArchive content storage management solutions.
- Extensive interface with Production employees to keep track of show records, interviews, demos, feeds, ENPS rundowns, etc., for the purposes of managing the server media assets, and entering keywords and descriptive metadata for those assets.
- Import files with various audio and video formats and codecs from FTP and various media.
- Digital asset creation and distribution for third parties. Basic editing, clipping, and converting of video and still images.
- Day-to-day file archiving, restoring, deleting, and organizing of media using assigned software.
- Helps ensure proper digital tape archiving best practices, including loading, unloading, packing, and shipping of data cartridges in order to manage the archive and robot systems.
- Team with NHL Footage Licensing Department in order to coordinate transfer of footage from NHL Archive to Secaucus studios.
- Video On Demand – conversion, upload, and QC of assigned MLB Network, NHL Network and third-party VOD assets – communication with Comcast Media Center and other recipients throughout the process.
- Monitor the archive robot system health, perform basic troubleshooting, and alert Engineering to their findings.
- Conduct testing on the enterprise-level asset management systems as required by internal and external engineering and development teams.
- Ensure proper tape allocation in the robotic libraries in Secaucus, including maintaining a sufficient number of free slots.
- Other such duties as required.
Skills & Experience: The ideal candidate must have most, if not all, of the following skills and experience:
- 1-2 years television production experience preferred.
- A knowledge of baseball and hockey preferred.
- A knowledge of MLB Network and NHL Network programming preferred.
- A knowledge of MLB.TV and the At Bat app preferred.
- Previous digital asset management experience is preferred
- Individual must interface in a collaborative manner with various internal departments.
- Ability to work well and multitask in a fluid, live broadcast 24/7 environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be detail oriented, meticulous and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to work independently yet strong collaboration skills are required.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills are highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills needed to participate in show meetings and to create and distribute daily emails to a large group of individuals.
- Ability to prioritize work and to be a proactive thinker.
- Very strong computer skills: Experience with any of the following software is highly preferred – Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Creative Cloud tools, and other NLE and broadcast applications.
- Experience with any of the following software packages preferred: Oracle's Front Porch Digital DIVArchive, PresSTORE, DIAMOND, QuickTime, and media conversion tools like Adobe Media Encoder.
- Experience with File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
- Knowledge of server-based file systems preferred.
- Experience using a CMS system is preferred.
- Exhibit sound editorial judgment and knowledge of industry style standards, including AP Style
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in a pressurized live television environment and live digital environment
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or kneel for extended periods of time.
- Possess visual acuity sufficient to perform required tasks.
- Possess manual dexterity sufficient to perform required tasks.
- Possess a level of hearing sufficient for effective interaction with stakeholders by various means, including in-person, via phone, etc.
- Ability to travel domestically as required.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish fluently is a plus
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent; Broadcast/Journalism/Television Production degree is preferred.
Work Classification: In-Office Position. These positions require employees to perform their work from the office during the employee's assigned weekly schedule unless they are traveling for business.
Remote Work classifications may be changed or modified at any time by the Company