Finalsite will transform the way school communities engage with their schools.
The Web Designer is responsible for creating effective designs for our clients in close collaboration with project managers and front-end developers. They understand and work well within clearly defined project constraints, including client goals, accessibility guidelines, branding requirements, technical considerations, project budget, and timeline.
100% Remote - Anywhere within the US.
- Design responsive sites for use in Finalsite’s CMS
- Create a mixture of unique, specific pages and comprehensive visual systems for each client
- Take creative control of projects, serving as the key point of contact for project design direction and decisions
- Create new design solutions and work within existing structures
- Assist in the execution and maintenance of internal design needs such as Theme designs (our website templates), shared base files, and more
- Consult with clients over the phone, via Zoom, and in writing to provide direction and leadership, communicating persuasively and welcoming them into our design process
- Interact closely with various team members (internal, freelance, and outside agencies)
- Exercise judgment in determining both the strategic and tactical approaches for project-specific design initiatives
- At least 4 years of professional web design experience
- An excellent portfolio of digital work
- Proficiency in Figma, our design, prototyping, and developer handoff tool, experience with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite a bonus
- A sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of front-end web development, experience working with schools, project management experience, and experience with accessible design preferred
Link to All Staff Competencies and Mental and Physical Requirements
Finalsite offers 100% fully remote employment opportunities, however, these opportunities are limited to permanent residents of the United States. Current residency, as well as continued residency, within the United States is required to obtain (and retain) employment with Finalsite.
Finalsite is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact Finalsite's People Operations Team. Finalsite is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Finalsite will ensure that persons with disabilities or special needs are provided a reasonable accommodation.
Ensure your Finalsite job offer is legitimate and don't fall victim to fraud. Finalsite never seeks payment from job applicants or asks for personal information such as bank account information. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a finalsite.com email. All emails from Finalsite come from a @finalsite.com domain. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at https://www.finalsite.com/jobs