The Web Designer/Developer is part of an overall team that supports the university's marketing, communications, and branding efforts online at liu.edu. The Web Designer/Developer will create, update, and publish web pages in coordination with LIU faculty and staff while ensuring best practices and timely content to reach targeted audiences
• Perform website maintenance and analytics, including administration of site architecture and publication of content updates using Sitecore CMS in accordance with university policies, procedures, and standards.
• Ensure that all content revisions are reviewed/approved by designated staff/faculty prior to publication.
• Assist with Social Media campaign design, development and deployment.
Update LIU online calendar in coordination with LIU faculty and staff.
• Create e-newsletters for various LIU departments and programs/maintain and update e-newsletter template.
• Serve as a backup member of the LIU emergency response team by providing online updates during campus closures and other emergencies.
• In coordination with the lead web developer/designer, participate in the production of annual academic bulletins for each campus, including organization of bulletin structure and content edits. Coordinate review/approval of final versions of completed bulletins by designated staff prior to publication.
• Assist with employee SiteCore training (remote) and provide additional guidance to assist faculty and staff in performing their own CMS updates.
• Assist with integration of multimedia assets into regional campus websites using Brightcove online video platform. Participate in design of custom video players. Assist with upload and administration of multimedia assets within Brightcove.
B.A. or B.S. degree with minimum of two years experience maintaining website content (preferably with Sitecore CMS), as well as development of user interfaces and navigation systems for standards-compliant websites.
Training, Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
This position operates offsite in a freelance capacity; evening and weekend hours may be required.
Materials & Equipment:
Must have laptop computer connected to the Internet equipped to LIU VPN software.
LIU is an equal opportunity employer. LIU is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. LIU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws . Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.