Canvas Worldwide dares to be the challenger the ad industry needs. Do you "Challenge the Comfortable?" Then you'll fit right in here at Canvas.
Named "Most Innovative Agency" by Campaign US, Canvas Worldwide is an independent media agency that provides ingenious solutions for brands looking to challenge the status quo. Our clients include Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, MGM, Starz, and McDonald's (to name a few…).
Our agency cultivates an environment where all are welcome to push outside their comfort zones to solve problems in new ways. We encourage the team to be its best by creating the most positive workplace experience for all. For instance, we outpace the industry on diversity and inclusion AND offer continuous training and workshops for career development. So, if you dare to challenge the comfortable… then keep reading.
The Freelance Director of (Paid) Social Strategy at Canvas Worldwide will lead day-to-day strategic planning. With a vast knowledge of all social platforms, this person will translate marketing challenges into media opportunities through clear communication plans. A social native with an appreciation for how social media impacts the overall brand experience. This person will ensure clients receive comprehensive media and communications plans that address their strategic objectives while propelling the business forward. Responsibilities will also include developing solid cross-functional teams and client relationships and serving as team leads to execute best-in-class social programs.
Candidates should be located in Los Angeles.
· Drive Paid Social Strategic & Tactical Approach for all Social Media elements
· Leverage social performance data to derive insights that inform strategic and tactical approach
· Social experience in platform strategy and content creation is mandatory, with the ability to tie it back to broader campaigns
· Take ownership and guide the media brief and briefing process
· Collaborate on media and marketing recommendations using a holistic media approach
· Continuously develop and improve procedures that will lead to more strategic/insightful plans and workflow improvements
· Stay current on audiences, cultural trends, social media behaviors, and platform best practices
· Proactively bring new and relevant opportunities to the client to better the business and ensure breakthrough
· General knowledge of other media channels and client media plan in full to maximize Social impact as part of 360 campaigns
· Ensure that various groups work seamlessly and provide content that informs and supports the strategic direction
· Monitor effectiveness and help to continuously show where we can strategically improve with data analysis and visualization
Manager & Mentor
· Represent Canvas Worldwide professionally with clients and industry
· Promote an open and supportive working environment where opinions, views, and ideas are welcome and shared
· 7-9+ years of experience in Paid Social and Media Buying
· 4+ years of mentoring and developing staff
· Strong presentation skills, ability to communicate with internal managers and clients
· Possess a robust and proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with flexibility and communicate priorities to managers/direct reports
· Track record of thought leadership and breakthrough work within the social space
· Adept at collaborating and managing
· Strong knowledge of all relevant platforms and API management platforms, i.e., Facebook/Instagram Campaign Planner, Twitter Ads Manager, Snapchat Open API, Pinterest, TikTok, Google Ads (AdWords)
· High-level proficiency in MS Suite at large (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
· Previous experience in automotive is a plus
Canvas Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CA Applicants: Canvas Worldwide Practices a Fair Chance of Hiring