work x work, the leading audio culture creative agency based in Brooklyn, seeks an experienced Event Marketer for On Air Fest 2024, the preeminent festival for audio storytelling and the podcast industry. Taking place Feb 28-Mar 1 (three days) at Wythe Hotel in Brooklyn, this years programming will feature over 100 creative luminaries, artists and podcasters along with todays leading voices in music, journalism, art and media.
The Event Marketer will be part of a highly collaborative, low-ego team of experiential programmers, designers and producers. The ideal candidate is a cross-channel marketing specialist with a strong track record for engaging audiences and driving ticket sales for conferences and festivals at the intersection of media and industry. They have excellent copywriting skills, a finger on the pulse of cultural trends and a strategic mind to craft highly effective communication and sales campaigns.
Coming into its 8th year, On Air Fest brings together the creative vanguard and podcast leaders who are defining the culture of audio. Called “the Coachella of podcasts” by Fast Company, On Air Fest showcases 3 days of intimate conversations, magical performances, audio installations, listening parties and live podcasts.
This position is a 8 week part time / freelance contract, Jan-March, with potential for more work on other agency projects. Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Develop and execute a marketing plan for On Air Fest Brooklyn 2024 utilizing digital media, newsletters, social channels and strategic partnerships
- Identify lead gen tactics to reach creative audio practitioners, podcast industry professionals, advertising executives, musicians, artists and fans
- Drive ticket sales
- Amplify programming partners and content initiatives
- Manage partnerships with sponsors, publishers and festival talent to amplify
- Track performance of marketing plan and provide weekly reports
- Align with Social Media Manager on content and messaging schedule
- Campaign copywriting & CTAs
- 2-3 years experience in event marketing, agency or media
- Interest in podcasts and creative culture
- Experience building marketing plans and content calendars
- Strong understanding of project management and workflow systems
- Fluency in G-Suite
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail, ability to multi-task and manage deadlines in fast-paced environment
- Brooklyn and NYC area candidates only
Send your resume and cover letter to hello [at] workxwork [dot] com. Include your name and “Event Marketer” in the subject line.
Plus, we’re curious…
What podcasts are you listening to right now?
What events or experiences have changed your point of view?