HANDEL AND HAYDN SOCIETY | GRAPHIC DESIGNER (PART TIME CONTRACTOR)
As H+H's Graphic Designer, you'll serve a key collaborative role within H+H's Marketing and Patron Experience department and within H+H as an organization. This is a part time contracted position for 20 hours per week. You're used to wearing different hats and thinking both creatively and collaboratively to a high degree. You'll be part of a dynamic, hard-working, and creative team that all share the goal of increasing the organization's visibility, audience development, and educational outreach.DEPARTMENT:
Marketing + Patron ExperienceREPORTS TO:
Director of MarketingWhat You'll Do
- Serves as the primary graphic designer for H+H, creating assets using templates and instruction from the Director of Marketing.
- Designs graphics for media channels, such as print advertising; print flyers, postcards, and posters; organic and paid social media; email marketing; search engine advertising; web.
- Supports video production, including editing video content that can be accomplished in-house, like cutting clips and assembling simple, short videos.
- Manages program book advertising program, including traded and paid advertising.
- Assists with the execution of large-scale marketing campaigns, like subscription renewal/acquisition, single ticket sales, and concert promotion.
- Reinforces the H+H brand in all communications, whether digital or print.
- Assists other members of the Marketing and Patron Services department with operational aspects of the department.
- Supports, and works collaboratively with other departments internally, including Education, Development, and Community Engagement.
- Performs other duties as needed upon request of the organization.
What You Have:
What We'd Love To See
- Ability to work 20 hours per week within the Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm traditional work day
- Experience working with the Adobe Creative Cloud software, especially InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A welcoming smile and attitude for patrons and a great sense of humor
- Strong collaboration skills, maturity, and good judgment.
- Experience working with data systems, especially Google (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- The ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, with multiple deadlines and stakeholders.
- Efficient time management skills.
- At least one (1) year of experience in an office setting, preferably working in the marketing or graphic design sphere
- A Bachelor's degree in graphic design, marketing, or related field
- Past experience working in or with a performing arts organization.
- Knowledge of classical music in general and a desire to learn more about historically informed performance with period instruments and techniques.
$25,000 annually for 20 hours per weekHandel and Haydn is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, disability, national origin, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital status, protected veterans' status, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Handel and Haydn Society is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse staff team and community, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented. . We look forward to reviewing your application.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro