Who we are:
The Ad Council convenes creative storytellers to educate, unite and uplift audiences by opening hearts, inspiring action and accelerating change around the most pressing issues in America. Since the non-profit’s founding, the organization and its partners in advertising, media, marketing and tech have been behind some of the country’s most iconic social impact campaigns – Smokey Bear, A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Waste, Love Has No Labels, Tear the Paper Ceiling and many more. With a current focus on mental health, gun safety, the opioid epidemic, skill-based hiring and other critical issues, the Ad Council’s national campaigns encompass advertising and media content, ground game and community efforts, trusted messenger and influencer engagement, and employer programs, among other innovative strategies to move the needle on the most important issues of the day.
Come join the Ad Council’s Creators for Good team, a core part of the overall Marketing & Communications department and the premier partner for mobilizing influential trusted messengers in support of the country’s most pressing issues. The messenger is as important as the message itself. The Creators for Good team identifies and partners with a broad spectrum of trusted messengers including celebs, social influencers, subject matter experts, podcasters, businesses, athletes, musicians and more. The incorporation of trusted messengers is a crucial element and deeply integrated within our national purpose-driven campaigns. We leverage them in several aspects of our channel mix including: social media, advertising, events and media partnerships.
We are seeking an Assistant Manager, Influencer Marketing (Contract Employee) to support talent, trusted messenger, and influencer marketing activations for 4-5 dedicated campaigns. We use extensive research to determine the best messengers for each campaign and how to bring the power of their message to life through content, communications, and conversation. This role will report into a Creators for Good Director and provides a tremendous opportunity for growth and development.
This is a contract employee role. This means that, while the position is at all times one of “at will employment”, the Ad Council anticipates at present that the employment length would be approximately 6 months with the possibility to extend the contract. Depending on experience, the compensation for this position is $5,000 monthly, paid semi-monthly. Contract employees will be eligible to participate in limited benefits and paid time off. We are also open to this role being a fully remote position.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in developing campaign strategies for trusted messengers
- Collaborate with team members to develop campaign objectives, target audience alignment, and key performance indicators as it relates to talent and trusted messengers
- Identify, evaluate and vet potential trusted messengers for campaigns
- Aid in conducting market research to discover and recommend the right trusted messengers for campaign opportunities
- Support the team in growing and nurturing relationships with talent, influencer networks and additional partners
- Support content planning, review and approval process during the campaign development process
- Assist in coordinating partnership calls, talent briefs, content and campaign communications, post scheduling, and performance reporting
- Assist in talent negotiations, contract management and campaign/brand alignment
- Help in collecting and analyzing campaign and media performance and success metrics
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience in influencer marketing, social media, or related roles
- Proficiency in social media platforms and influencer marketing tools
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Extremely organized and task-oriented
- Creative thinking and the ability to identify unique influencer opportunities
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
What we’re committed to:
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below.
How to reach us:
To apply online: https://www.adcouncil.org/join-our-team
Fax (212) 922-1676
Attn: Talent Team
815 2nd Avenue, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017