At Trade School, we believe content is a powerful tool to solve modern business problems through innovation and modern connections. We are an integrated content agency, creating smarter conversations between brands and people with beautifully crafted content.
At Trade School, we believe content is a powerful tool to solve modern business problems through innovation and modern connections. We are an integrated content agency, creating smarter conversations between brands and people with beautifully crafted content.Position Summary
The Designer (Freelance) is a part of a cross-disciplinary team, helping Trade School and our clients express big ideas in simple but beautiful ways. You are a maker at heart, dedicated to craft with an eye for great design and big ideas; you care about the little details to ensure brands are expressed consistently across every touchpoint. You collaborate with copywriters, photographers, designers/animators and creative directors to bring ideas to life, ask questions to truly understand what you’re designing, and have the special ability to articulate your ideas clearly and simply. You are hungry to be part of some of the fastest-moving and highest-profile projects at Trade School.Responsibilities
- Design beautiful decks and presentation artifacts for Trade School’s clients, internal agency needs, and new business pitches.
- Support internal agency needs through design, including deck templates and any additional collateral connected to Trade School’s brand
- Bring genuine, original creative ideas to the table.
- Understand the structure of a brand’s identity - how the visual and verbal executions come together to create a holistic brand experience.
- Recognize a client’s needs and translate into a concept, asking effective questions when needed to help focus and bring those ideas to life visually
- Present work effectively, whether for internal or client-facing project reviews
- Have an understanding of best-in-class creative content, and stay obsessed with trends in design.
- Adhere to agency policies regarding licensing of images, videos, music and fonts.
- Education from a Design or Graphics Arts school for BA/BS in Advertising, Marketing, Arts, English, Creative Writing, Journalism for Mass Communication preferred.
- A versatile portfolio that includes work in design, including brand, digital and social executions
- 3+ years of advertising agency experience preferred.
- Knowledge of advertising fundamentals, including brand development, strategy, storytelling, design, new/emerging platforms and technologies
- Accountability and self-development.
- Mac OS experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills in relevant art and design software packages, including Photoshop
- Understanding of best-in-class creative content, and obsession with trends in design