In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Who Are We
A professional basketball team and state-of-the-art arena/entertainment venue that specializes in creating memorable experiences for each guest we interact with. Some of our favorite things are live sports, concerts, comedy shows, family shows, and most any other world-class event you can think of, and we’re looking for someone who shares the same interests. We live for the fast-paced world of sports & live entertainment, and as such, we work hard, run fast, execute flawlessly, and party it up when it all comes together. Lastly, we strive to deliver wonderful experiences that create lasting memories, and we prefer to surround ourselves with those who are the best at what they do.Who Are You
An enthusiastic lover of sports, live entertainment, and people. You have true passion for engaging in meaningful interactions and creating memorable experiences for all guests. You strive to be helpful, engaging, and knowledgeable of all things Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena. You enjoy being a part of an exciting and dynamic group, and you’re committed to continuously enhancing the productivity and effectiveness of your team. Lastly, you enjoy working hard and celebrating hard, and you’d be shocked if guests weren’t positively impacted by their interactions with you.
We're looking for a part-time Graphic Designer to join Hawks Studios. Reporting to the Sr. Graphic Designer, this individual will support the Brand Creative team in telling the story of our brands through visually impactful, culturally relevant, and cutting-edge design. The part-time Graphic Designer will support the team on seasonal campaign needs, photo retouching, social content, game day responsibilities, and more.
The ideal candidate will be organized, curious, a team player, with a proven track record of pushing the limit when it comes to design innovation and typography. This person must be a strategic thinker, reliable, great at following directions, and understand business/revenue objectives.
This role is highly collaborative and the successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a consistent structure, can-do attitude, and top-notch creative execution. The position is remote, with the ability to present in person when needed a plus.What you will do: (Responsibilities)
What we need from you: (Skills required)
- Serve as brand creative support on major marketing campaigns, social and sponsorship needs.
- Build and maintain key relationships with team members and stakeholders
- Passion for research, typography, user experience, experiential and digital innovation
- Support VP of Brand Creative in one-off tasks
- Support Sr. Graphic Designers, Sr. Motion Designer, social team, and video team with templates and content bank ideation
- Help support in-house team in development, execution, and production
- Support the team in innovation and staying up to date with trends and best practices
- Provide design strategy and toolkits for omnichannel campaigns, grass-root activations, experiential events, logos, print collateral, mobile app, and direct mail
- Ensure the studio is delivering best-in-class output, functioning efficiently, and instilling a culture of collaboration
Education And Experience
- Advanced software skills required: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge)
- Additional software skills required: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, One Drive, Teams, and Outlook), Keynote
- Primary skill set: Graphic Design, typography, illustration, and photo manipulation
- Experience in designing static ads for web, social, email, OOH, and display
- Experience in CMYK Printing Processes & large format production
- Expertise in Lightroom and photo retouching skills a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects & brands simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand business objectives and goals and prioritize tasks to meet them
- Ability to self-manage, stay flexible, positive, resourceful, and reliable
- Ability to innovate strategically with an eye for detail
- Ability to express individual creative abilities while incorporating creative direction from the Vice President and others
- Ability to be a motivated self-starter ready to “push the envelope” when it comes to creative design concepts
- Ability to adhere to a strict NDA regarding top-level business and basketball operations projects
- Ability to adhere to an exclusivity agreement that prohibits working with other basketball properties within the NBA and college basketball programs
- Ability to work remotely a minimum of 25hrs-30hrs a week, preferably Tuesday- Friday
- Ability to work on game nights, off-hours, and on weekends when requested
- 2+ years experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent working experience working in Graphic Design
- Prior experience working in an in-house creative team, creative agency, or related, with knowledge and enthusiasm for professional sports
- Experience in omnichannel advertising, social content creation, building style guides, and digital toolkits
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.If this opportunity looks exciting to you, please complete the application process. Go Hawks!