Ogilvy was founded in 1948 by David Ogilvy. David created a culture that deeply respects and cares about its people and clients. Our mission is to inspire people and brands to make an impact and we are committed to attracting, growing, and retaining the best talent in the industry.About The Role
The mid-level Graphic Designer at Ogilvy Experience has a keen ability to listen to the client, understand their needs and help create design solutions that have a high visual impact. They work on a wide variety of media from print to interactive and a wide range of projects from conceptual to methodical. The Graphic Designer must have creative flair, brought to life with up-to-date knowledge and proficiency in the latest software and balanced with an eye on time, costs and deadlines. Reporting to the Creative Director, this is an exciting opportunity to develop creative solutions that strengthen our clients’ brand platforms.What You’ll Do
What You’ll Need
- Develop creative for promotional, presentation and collateral materials, in partnership with members of cross-disciplinary teams
- Be a brand steward
- Propose visual ideas and the visual creative expression of entire campaigns
- Work independently and as a team with talented Copywriters and other Designers
- Interpret creative direction, follow style guides, and maintain a learner’s mindset
- Participate in all necessary internal and external meetings — briefings, status, brainstorming sessions, and presentations — with various stakeholders and leaders
- Quickly gain an understanding of the brand platform, audience segments and organization
- Maintain strong, proactive relationships with members of various teams across the organization
- Translate marketing strategies into appropriate ‘on brand’ design recommendations, and develop concepts, together with your Copywriter partner, to support marketing goals
- Concept and execute sound creative ideas for print and digital collateral, video, presentations and other marketing communications in an efficient and compelling manner
- Prepare final files based on the deliverable specifications to ensure trouble-free execution of files to the expectations of the Creative Director
- Prioritize workload and demonstrate excellent time management skills
How We’ll Support You
- A portfolio representing a visionary designer with a command of collateral and presentation design and a love for clever concepts and big ideas
- Energy, a roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic, a vision of creative possibility in virtually any media and the ability to form dynamic working partnerships with your colleagues
- At least 5 years of experience in the creative/design industry
- At least 2 years of experience designing for B2B
- Experience with high-tech is preferred but not required
- Experience developing and evolving brand style guides is a plus
- Rudimentary experience in email, display advertising, social, illustration and/or video storyboarding is a plus
- Agility in juggling multiple projects
- Demonstrated understanding of color theory, typography and grid-based layouts
- Proactive response to problems and issues in ever-changing environments by providing ideas or workarounds to achieve desired results
- Understanding and application of marketing and design principles to achieve project goals and implement creative solutions, with a curiosity about current and emerging digital channels and platforms
- Strong analytical skills that enable decisiveness and sound judgement in all situations, seeking guidance from the Creative Director when appropriate
- Demonstrate the ability to function independently and be self-motivated
- Soft skills in listening and effective communication in writing, speaking, and presenting in-person and on conference calls
Ogilvy celebrates its people. Fully. Enthusiastically. Unhesitatingly. We’ll empower you with the tools you’ll need to succeed. We’ll give you the autonomy to seek out new paths and better ways of doing things. We’ll support you with colleagues who are experts in their disciplines, drawn from across the Ogilvy network. And we’ll provide opportunities for you to do work of which you’ll be proud, with people you’ll be proud to call your teammates.The compensation for this position at the time of this posting is indicated below. Individual compensation varies based on job-related factors, including location, business needs, level of responsibility, experience, and qualifications. We offer a competitive benefits package, click here for more details.
At Ogilvy, our people are at the heart of what we do: a creative agency that sparks game-changing ideas across culture and business through collaboration, integrity, and a celebration of self-expression.
We believe in building powerful teams with purpose. This means hiring and nurturing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identities – and we relentlessly curate transformative initiatives that make our commitment to fairness, and equity a reality.
Our ultimate mission is to leave a positive impact on the world, creating a better future for all, while supporting and uplifting the global communities we serve. This is central to our mantra of Borderless Creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.