What are we looking for in our Packaging Designer?
Our client, the leading US lingerie retailer, is seeking a creative Packaging Designer to execute seasonal fragrance gift set packaging designs!$47-52/hr, depending on experience
Location: lower Manhattan
Hybrid, site visits for creative briefs
9am-5pm EST, M-F
4-month contract to start, potential to extend
Health, vision, & dental benefits available after 60 days of employment, beginning the following month, 401k eligible
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
At this time, our program is not eligible for the STEM OPT visa extension.
- Support design team on seasonal development of beauty, fragrance packaging as well as gift sets.
- Deliver brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy
- Create original concepts that encompass style, color, and print, incorporating current fashion trends
- Effectively interpret brand needs as outlined in creative briefs and translate them into compelling packaging designs
- Be an idea generator, presenting multiple designs to the internal creative team
- Be aware and passionate about key fashion/beauty market trends
- Deliver product designs; achieving goals with speed, agility and acute attention to detail
- Apply deep understanding of illustration, construction and iconography for all projects
- Work cross-functionally with merchants, package developers, product developers and concept departments, including involvement throughout the production process
- Effectively present work to team members across levels
- Adapt designs based on feedback
- Ensure designs meet the budget and time commitments required
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Graphic Arts, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of design experience in Beauty & Fragrance packaging design
- Strong portfolio with demonstrated graphic design & typography skills
- Very strong visual communicator with moodboards is a must.
- Experience with design specifications and working with vendors to get samples of their work made.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Ability to render ideas
- Exceptional talent with a commercial fashion eye and detail in product styling/performance
- Champion for change and able to react with speed and agility
- Collaborative partner with a team-oriented approach
- Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented; flexible and creative problem solver
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Personal professionalism and accountability