Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Description Of Duties
- This is a CONTRACT position
Summary Or Requirements
- Designs creative solutions for internal requests using strong technical skills
- Occasional large scale projects and packaging assignments- projects will get assigned at managers discretion
- Understands and adheres to brand guidelines and style guides
- Understands company priorities
- Understands emerging technologies and innovation in the world of design- brings that knowledge back to the team
- Can be the lead designer on software titles- setting creative direction- posts and communicates direction out to other designers
- Contributes to team by providing input, feedback and constructive criticism on designs
- Identifies areas of improvement in design dept
- Works both independently and collaboratively with other designers and clients
- Contributes to the overall success of the team
- Creates layout for various print projects including logos, packaging, manuals, and marketing materials
- Occasionally designs software packaging, inserts and label art
- Works with collaboratively with internal teams such as the Localization team for game manual and packaging layouts
- Designs event and trade show graphics such as banners, posters and fliers
- Participates in group work by providing comps, ideas and criticism in a positive way
- Supports cross-functionally with other members of the design team, when needed
- Three to five years of related experience in a fast paced graphic design/production environment
- Macintosh computer skills (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Strong attention to detail, deadlines and schedules
- Ability to draw and illustrate ideas throughout the design process and create finished original artwork
- Ability to create print-ready production files for manufacturing
- Ability to perform digital color correction, editing, and file transfers of created artwork
This position is hybrid in Redmond, WA. Hybrid positions require regular onsite work following the schedule and guidelines for their division. This position is not open to fully remote status at this time.
- This is a CONTRACT position
This contract position has a base pay range of $35.00 - $55.00 per hour and is eligible for benefits through the employing agency. Agency benefits may include medical, dental and vision, 401(k), basic/supplemental life and AD&D insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, health and dependent care spending accounts, transportation benefits, employee assistance program, paid sick leave, and up to 6 paid holidays per year. All benefits are subject to elections, eligibility requirements, plan and program terms. Benefits offerings will be confirmed at the time of offer by the employing agency, and may differ depending on the employing agency partner.