At the center of our award-winning, fast-paced B2B marketing agency lives our program and project management team, a collaborative group of Mx-ers responsible for executing high volumes of ever-changing project work with speed, efficiency, and agility – keeping the teams on time, on budget and in scope.
The Mx Group is looking for an experienced Freelance Sr. Project Manager to help coordinate and manage a diverse array of projects — including print, digital, video, presentations, event collateral and more. The most critical aspect of this position is the proven ability to understand the interdependencies between all tasks and people to ensure work is done efficiently. This role will manage workflows, allocate resources, define scopes and risks while closely monitoring project budgets.
Contract duration is approximately 6 months. There may be potential for full time conversion.
The right candidate is a confident leader, who motivates project teams, ensures quality, and holds team members accountable so they can achieve their goals on projects. This role will work closely with subject matter experts within the creative, print production, digital experience, digital marketing, and video teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of the agency's workflow, driving scope and creating project timelines and estimates that fit within clients' overarching schedules and budgets
- Drive projects to completion - responsible for a steady stream of communication with team members and stakeholders, updating them on progress and any deviations that could impact timeline, budget or scope
- Manages project-related documentation including contracts, change orders and status reports
- Update Workamajig to ensure information is accurate for project progress reports
- Identify process gaps and develop and implement process improvements and documentation to boost project efficiency
- Establish and maintain strong, trusting relationships with key team members across the organization
- Prioritize (and reprioritize) tasks across many concurrent projects, while maintaining a balanced workload for you and your project teams.
- 5+ years of hands-on project management experience at an advertising/marketing agency
- Proven knowledge of project management tools such as Workamajig Platinum (or equivalent: Workfront, Clarizen, Mavenlink, Jira, etc.)
- Experience managing multiple large scale, integrated marketing programs simultaneously (preferably in an integrated program with multiple parallel workstreams) for multiple accounts/clients
- Demonstrated experience developing project plans, estimates, knowing when to elevate project risk and drive projects to completion for client satisfaction
- Strong negotiation, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent drive and initiative, and sense of personal accountability
- Experience evaluating and implementing enterprise-wide business processes including tools and standards
A leading B2B marketing agency, The Mx Group is one of the fastest growing agencies in the U.S. We consistently receive awards for both our work and our company culture, including being named one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in Chicago for seven years in a row. Located 20 minutes from downtown Chicago, we've been solving complex marketing challenges for more than 30 years. We accomplish this by harnessing the power of connections, delivering significant impact to our clients' revenue and growth. We call this "The Power of X." The exponential transformation that results in connecting the customer experience through strategy, creative, demand generation and digital development.
In a word: people. In a broader sense: company culture. And some pretty sweet benefits, too.
At The Mx Group, you'll find we genuinely value and support each other — as people and as coworkers — as we produce award-winning work together. You aren't likely to find another team so focused on collaboration and so dedicated to success. People choose to work at The Mx Group and choose to stay here because they are empowered to do their best work and able to grow.
We're proud of the environment we've nurtured, and proud to be stronger than ever as we navigate the "new normal." Wherever we're located, we lift each other up and celebrate together, from the latest new business win to the start of Friday summer hours to a rewarding week off at the end of each year.
Plus, we offer a hybrid model and a full benefits package, including gym membership reimbursement, paid parental leave, medical/dental/vision insurance and a 401(k) program. In short, you're going to love being part of the Mx team.
The Mx Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. That means we not only provide equal opportunity and consideration to all employees and applicants for employment — we welcome it. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law, because we believe diversity drives us to deliver more valuable and meaningful experiences to clients and employees. During the recruitment process, The Mx Group will only communicate using our corporate domain name (themxgroup.com) and will never ask for personal information other than contact information and job history until an offer has been made. Additionally, The Mx Group will never request that you purchase anything during any part of the recruitment or hiring process. You can read more about detecting and reporting employment scams at the Internet Crime Complaint Center and Federal Trade Commission websites. If you see a The Mx Group job posting that you suspect may be fraudulent, please send an email to email@example.com so we can review it promptly.