e.l.f. is for every eye, lip, and face, providing access to the best of beauty. From the beginning, our mission has been to deliver guilt-free play with major pay-off so everyone can own their beauty, without compromise. Always vegan and cruelty-free, because we believe kindness is chic (and we love being nice to your wallet), you can find e.l.f. products on www.elfcosmetics.com, at leading retailers such as Target, Walmart, and Ulta, and internationally.
e.l.f. was founded in 2004 as a digitally native mass cosmetics brand and became a publicly-traded company in 2016 (NYSE: ELF). The e.l.f. employee base mirrors the consumers we serve – over 70% female and nearly 40% diverse. e.l.f. is also a leader in board diversity, with greater than 50% of board seats being held by successful female business leaders. e.l.f. embraces a lean staffing model that enables everyone to work closely with colleagues at all levels of the business. This also makes e.l.f. an attractive environment for the kind of individual who wants to directly impact business results and develop a broad set of skills to learn and grow into additional parts of the business.
The Senior Packaging Designer will play a pivotal role in creating disruptive and on-brand designs for collaborations, cosmetic & skincare packaging, and swag. We are seeking a highly skilled and creative designer with a passion for beauty and the expertise to meet design direction within brand, manufacturing and cost constraints. This fast-paced role handles multiple projects on escalated timelines, requiring a nimble designer capable of quick pivots and strategic thinking.
- Interpret creative briefs to deliver exceptional, innovative and on-trend packaging designs that align with our brand’s identity, target audience, and industry trends.
- Execute approved designs with meticulous attention to detail, ensuring the final design meets production standards and specifications.
- Create designs that take into account sustainability targets such as material reduction and use of post consumer recycled resin.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Product Marketing, Brand Marketing, New Product Development, Sales, and Operations.
- Stay up to date on emerging design trends, techniques and technologies within the beauty industry
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Foster effective communication channels with internal teams and external vendors to ensure seamless execution of packaging projects.
- Maintain organized files, documentation and archives of design files for easy retrieval and future reference
- Oversee day-to-day process of packaging development and liase with Design team and China NPD team daily to follow up on sample development, modifications etc..
- Extensive packaging design experience, preferably in prestige beauty
- Technical knowledge in beauty packaging: manufacturing processes and materials, including plastic and glass component production, printing techniques on primary and secondary cartons
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to articulate design concepts and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for design
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to overcome design challenges
- Strong and refined typography skills
- Highly organized; Communicate information clearly and effectively with team members across multiple time zones, including team members in China.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines, quickly managing changing priorities
- Strong knowledge of sustainability best practices
- Strong knowledge of beauty trends
- Ability to anticipate workload and communicate proactively to Project Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Packaging Design, Visual Communications, or a related field.
- 5+ years experience as a packaging designer in a high volume, deadline-driven environment in beauty or a related industry, with a strong portfolio
- Proficient in industry-standard design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills, deadline driven.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative manner and a highly creative out-of-the-box thinker
- Current on fashion, beauty, design and digital trends
- Experience in art direction for beauty a plus
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, and level of work being performed in this position. It also reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified, and shall not be considered, as detailed description of all the work required inherent in the job. It is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and is subject to changes and exceptions at supervisors' discretion.
e.l.f. Beauty respects your privacy. Please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice (www.elfbeauty.com/us-job-applicant-privacy-notice) for how your personal information is used and shared.