This position will operate on a remote, freelance basis.
Are you a Social Media Enthusiast with a background in writing? Do you know the ins and outs of Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, or Tinder?
Valnet Inc. is looking for a Social Media Specialist to write feature articles forHowToGeek.com. That said, you can write across any section of the site in which you have first-hand expertise!About Us
How-to Geek is one of the largest technology publications on the web today. We aim to equip all readers, whether they’re newcomers to tech or seasoned veterans, with the tools they need to make the most of their technology.
We simplify complex topics into guides that anyone can understand, whether they’re looking for a list of great apps, need help fixing an issue, or want a product recommendation. Every article leaves the reader with something valuable to take away.
Our target audience are everyday consumers who are interested in tech; we write for the lay-people, not industry insiders. For example, our readers are the "Should You Upgrade to a Wi-Fi 7 Router?" crowd. Not the "Wi-Fi 7 Routers Will Usher In the IoT Market Penetration Shift" crowd.
Social Media (Informing readers how to get the most of the social networks they use every day). Here are some example topics:
- If You Search for Someone on Instagram, Will They Know?
- How to Lock a Chat on WhatsApp.
- Write 12 feature articles per month, with no upper limit
- Generate and pitch new ideas/topics
- Stay up to date on the latest tech news, products, and updates
- Input work into our in-house system and format images according to our guidelines
Applicants must be highly motivated and possess the following requirements
- Relevant experience in writing and editing
- Expert knowledge of several Social Media platforms or apps (must be able to download and use the app/platform first-hand)
- CV, Cover Letter, Screening Questions In your Cover Letter, please address the following questions:
- Why do you want to write for How-To Geek?
- What makes you the right fit for this role? (You can touch upon previous experience and your passion for technology)
We will get back to you as soon as possible if we think you'd make a solid addition to the team.
Powered by JazzHR