Client Overview: Leading retailer of Mens and Women's clothing and accessories.
Position Overview: Work within a specific classification and implement the category leader’s direction in all aspects of the design process, from initial concept stage to presentation, to development and execution of the final product.
Assistant Designer Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support from concept to design to final development
- Master knowledge of all styles, raw materials, and fabrics related to the category
- Assist with the management of cross-functional communication between merchants, production, technical design and external vendors
- Help to organize and keep track of samples
- Assist in sketching designs in Illustrator flats
- Prepare PLM packages and update them as needed
- Assist with the preparation of presentation boards for seasonal/ milestone meetings
- Conduct design research as directed by department head
- Attend fit sessions as needed
- Review lab dips, samples and submits with category leader and enter/send comments to vendors
- Prepare line sheets and update as necessary
Assistant Designer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or Art (or equivalent experience and education)
- Wovens experience is preferred
- PLM experience required
- Must be knowledgeable of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Excel, and PLM (or equivalent program)
- Able to work in a hybrid environment, meaning that some work may be performed remotely but certain essential functions must be performed in-person/in-office based on the needs of the business.