POSITION: Graphic Designer
LOCATION: One Park Plaza Building III, Nashville TN 37203
DURATION: 6 months contract with a high possibility of extension
PAY: $30-$33/hr on W2
***Link to a digital portfolio required***
- Reporting to the Manager of Design, the Graphic Designer 1 will be dedicated to the Corporate Communications team and responsible for creating visuals in partnership with our team of strategic writers.
- These projects will range from conceptualization and completion of design solutions in multiple graphic applications including; web/digital, collateral materials, presentations, infographics, and campaigns for both internal and external audiences.
- These assets may be repurposed for use across various channels and brands within our enterprise.
- The right candidate for this position will be able to adhere to brand guidelines while also understanding the scale component of our creative strategy.
- This position requires a candidate who can analyze business requirements, perform design tasks, construct, test, and implement solutions with little supervision in a fast-paced, on-demand environment.
- The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines.
- Maintain graphic design standards and subsequently ensure that the work adheres to a high level of excellence.
- Utilize design resources and follow guidelines across the organization.
- Collaborate on design projects with teammates and other business partners.
- Assist with design projects from concept to completion, development, QA, and implementation.
- Assist vendors, development teams or the business when appropriate.
- Stay current with design industry trends and be knowledgeable with basic design principles.
- Follow guidelines for file organization and naming conventions.
- Understand creating and utilizing templates for layout of various assets.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently to problem solve while also working with a team for collaboration.
Professional: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and strong knowledge of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings; has solid understanding of client deliverables and the ability to take responsibility for them.
Judgement/Decision-making: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly; gathers relevant information before making a decision; considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them; makes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the organization; proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information; checks assumptions against facts; determines the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision; makes tough decisions and has difficult conversations when necessary.
College graduate, or equivalent experience, with 1-3 years of graphic design experience.
- Link to a digital portfolio required
- Design tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Able to self-manage work load
- Hybrid work schedule
- Healthcare Creative Services