We’re currently looking for a Designer for a six-month contract hybrid role based in Boston, MA with 3 days onsite and 2 days remote. You will be responsible for the execution of design solutions to brand visual centers, consumer journey signage updates to in-store graphics.
- In collaboration with the NA Stores Brand Marketing, Inline Concepts, and functional teams, leads the development and drives innovative solutions for storytelling across all commercial touchpoints.
- Leads implementation of Brand visual centers; vision for the season, onboarding external partners & agencies, and provides meaningful feedback to internal and external designers.
- Manages and gives clear direction to partners and fellow designers, assisting them to deliver effective solutions.
- Operational excellence always: ensure the delivery of high-quality work, on time and on budget 100% of the time.
- Becomes an expert on the function and capabilities of our platforms.
- Fosters and builds relationships across the functions to gain an understanding of what teams’ roles & and responsibilities are, to gather information, and to grow your expertise.
- Actively gains knowledge of the company's products and processes, trends, the consumer and the communities we stand for, and overall marketplace culture.
- Gains knowledge about our physical product (the sneakers and clothing) each season.
- Utilizes exceptional design skills and demonstrates innovation in creating original solutions.
- Utilizes exceptional design skills and demonstrates innovation in leading teams to create original solutions.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills:
- Communicates and presents design concepts confidently to the larger team; creates presentation materials that effectively communicate design concepts—mentors direct reports to present their work persuasively and compellingly as well.
- Takes initiative to consistently update the Creative Director and Project Managers.
- An innate sense of when to seek guidance and share problems.
- Knows when to involve others when working on projects.
- Shares own expertise and experience with others.
- Values differences; behaves with respect toward differences in cultures and communities. Seeks out diverse perspectives and talents of others.
- Demonstrates advanced-level knowledge of current trends, technology, design systems, and other design influences.
- Works with design counterparts in Global Brand to ensure continuity utilizing NA creative assets across platforms and digital touchpoints.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or design-related equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience in graphic design and art direction for large retail or key agency experience specific to the footwear/apparel industry.
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills, strong proficiency in presentation development in Keynote
- Creative, bold, and digitally savvy.
- A genuine passion for design and marketing to a variety of audiences, (with a concentration and deep understanding of the female and teen male audience)
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms.
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, organized, very detail-oriented, collaborative, and flexible.
- Able to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes.
- Familiarity with project tracking tools such as Asana or Trello.
- A deep connection to culture and trends.
- Excellent writing and communications experience.
The target hiring compensation range for this role is the equivalent of $26.50 to $33.04 an hour. Compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to education, relevant work experience, relevant certifications, and location.