We are looking for a freelance Assistant Designer for top fashion brand in NYC.
- Assist the design team in the creation of brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction / business strategy
- Deliver design sketches / prototypes and provide clear specifications for construction
- Build and maintain the sample room
- Create flat sketches, CAD images and TPs to support the Team
- In charge of updating the Design LS
- Prepare design team for routine and milestone meetings, including the coordination of line presentation boards / tableaus and selection of product samples
- Partner with technical design on fit and execution of prototypes, assisting with scheduled fittings and necessary follow-up
- Track and organize development samples, ensuring they are delivered within required timelines and seamlessly passed off to key parties
- Attend routine team meetings and key partner alignment sessions
- Apply processes to understand / anticipate the needs of the customer in order to exceed customer expectations and readily react to their needs
- Utilize resources in sourcing new ideas, both internally and externally, and stay up to date on competitor research / trend analysis
- Achieve set goals with acute attention-to-detail, tracking progress & anticipating potential issues
- Pursue / embrace opportunities to personally grow and develop skills / competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent experience
- Adobe Suite proficient (Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Exceptional creative talent with a commercial fashion eye and detail in product styling / performance
- Organized and able to manage several projects at the same time
- Able to take on board constructive criticism
- Exceptional organizational skills, solid communication, and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented
- Collaborative partner with a team-oriented approach
- Solid understanding and ability to communicate construction instructions
- Flexible and creative problem solver, and adaptable
- Moderate travel required
- PLM experience is a plus
- Entry level with some design experience in a comparable retail environment
- Design experience in intimates
If you meet the required qualifications and are interested in this role, please apply today.
The Solomon Page Distinction
Solomon Page offers a comprehensive benefit program for hourly employees. We pride ourselves on offering medical, dental, 401(k), direct deposit and commuter benefits to our employees, including freelancers - which sets us apart in the industries we serve.
About Solomon Page
Founded in 1990, Solomon Page is a specialty niche provider of staffing and executive search solutions across a wide array of functions and industries. The success of Solomon Page reflects an organic growth strategy supported by a highly entrepreneurial culture. Acting as a strategic partner to our clients and candidates, we focus on providing customized solutions and building long-term relationships based on trust, respect, and the consistent delivery of excellent results. For more information and additional opportunities, visit: solomonpage.com and connect with us on Facebook, X, and LinkedIn.