CONTRACTOR - Financial Services Copy Editor
The Freelance Content Writer will support the company’s content team, executing on an array of short- and long-form writing projects including press releases, articles, thought leadership, executive bylines, Q&A interviews, profiles, collateral and web copy, social media copy, ad copy, event invitations, promotional emails, webcast discussion guides, presentation decks, executive and internal communications. Collectively, externally facing content deliverables are designed to enhance brand awareness, drive interest and consideration, and elevate the company as a thought leader in commercial real estate finance; internal content is designed to help inform employees and promote an engaged, positive culture. Content deliverables will be distributed across multiple channels, both owned (website, email, organic social, newsletters, etc.), earned (media/publications), and paid (digital and print advertising).
Lument is a leading national commercial real estate finance firm providing financial solutions and advisory services to investors and developers, with a specialization in multifamily and seniors housing and healthcare, M&A, and Real Estate Investment Sales. Prior experience writing on finance and commercial real estate topics will be important considerations, particularly for thought leadership projects.
Strong verbal and exemplary written communication skills are a necessity in this role. The position will report to a member of Lument’s content team, which sits within Marketing & Communications.
This position has frequent contact with various levels of employees and managers, as well as external stakeholders, vendors and other third parties.
Education, Skills, & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of- 8-10 years’ editorial and copywriting experience is required and experience working in financial services in the fields of marketing, communications, journalism, or advertising is preferred.
- Experience writing on topics on one or more of the following topics: finance, the economy, commercial real estate, seniors housing and healthcare
- Superior project management, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills required
- Self-starter with a positive, professional attitude and ability to work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, as well as colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Fluency in AP style
- Strong copyediting skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience and proficiency with SEM Rush and search engine optimization a plus
ORIX USA is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal employment opportunities (EEO), and is committed to diversifying its workforce. All employees and applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.