We are looking for a Freelance Assistant Designer - women's wovens for a top fashion company in New York City. Work within the women's design department and implement the category leader's direction in all aspects of the design process, from initial concept stage to presentation, to development and execution of the final product.
- Work closely with team to design category-specific product based on design direction given.
- Develop seasonal product with a focus on style, aesthetic, functionality, fabric, details, color, etc.
- Learn and understand the ins-and-outs of the details relating to Outerwear.
- Perform daily follow-up using email and PLM.
- Work with CAD team on prints and patterns where applicable.
- Interact with greater cross functional team members to develop working partnership.
- Interact with vendors and external partners to develop working partnership.
- Prepare presentation boards for seasonal meetings, inspiration, and presentations.
- Observe presentation techniques and be prepared to contribute as needed.
- Assist with preparations for milestone meetings and presentations.
- Assist with commenting on samples with supervisor approval.
- Ability to manage samples and submits in an organized and efficient way for easy access.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Able to work in a hybrid environment, meaning that some work may be performed remotely but certain essential functions must be performed in-person/in-office based on the needs of the business.
- In person/in-office collaboration is required, the frequency of such in-person/in-office collaboration (e.g., portion of week, entire week) is dictated by business needs. Such collaboration includes work centralized around product development, milestone meetings, approvals, etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion or Art (or equivalent experience and education).
- At least 1-2 years of related Apparel experience; Outerwear experience is a plus.
- PLM experience required.
- Ability to act as liaison between many departments: excellent communication and analytic skills.
- Must be detail oriented, very organized, computer literate, able to handle multiple tasks at once, and perform successfully in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Must be knowledgeable of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Excel, Google Workspace, and PLM (or equivalent program)
- Must be proficient in creating technical flats in Illustrator.
- Comfortable working in a hybrid environment - working in office several days a week (based on the needs of the business or big milestone week) with occasional remote work from home.
If you meet the required qualifications and are interested in this role, please apply today.
The Solomon Page Distinction
Solomon Page offers a comprehensive benefit program for hourly employees. We pride ourselves on offering medical, dental, 401(k), direct deposit and commuter benefits to our employees, including freelancers - which sets us apart in the industries we serve.
About Solomon Page
Founded in 1990, Solomon Page is a specialty niche provider of staffing and executive search solutions across a wide array of functions and industries. The success of Solomon Page reflects an organic growth strategy supported by a highly entrepreneurial culture. Acting as a strategic partner to our clients and candidates, we focus on providing customized solutions and building long-term relationships based on trust, respect, and the consistent delivery of excellent results. For more information and additional opportunities, visit: solomonpage.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.