: NA Direct Graphic DesignerLocation
: Hybrid; Boston, MADuration
: 5 Month ContractWho We Are Looking For
As a Creative Designer for the NA Direct Team at Converse, you are not only expected to perform the functions of a designer role, but to elevate our team by demonstrating a high level of drive, creativity, direction, and leadership.
As a Creative Designer for the Direct Stores Team at Converse, based out of Converse WHQ in Boston, your role will include everything from hands on execution of design solutions to brand visual centers, consumer journey signage updates to in-store graphics. Additionally we will look for you to support the team as the go to resource for the creation of presentation briefs and employee facing tools. You will be responsible for meeting business objectives by bringing to life the Converse Brand and our storytelling centered around our consumer and product, across our physical (store) ecosystems.
This position requires creating a strong partnership with the rest of the NA Marketing, Inline and Growth Teams to align against all creative. You are a master of ideation and creative thinking, and your experiences should have a mix of a few disciplines and creative phases. From conception, understanding and working to build a visual narrative –to graphic design, communication, and environmental design (where needed), the position requires a strong conceptual process that drives the work across every touchpoint.
Designers are exceptional team players, focused on concept to execution, they work under the direction of the Retail Marketing team and alongside cross- functional partners within Direct. You will understand the seasonal strategy and always execute against it. You are passionate, work with a sense of urgency and are connected to the creative industry – looking at the latest trends in art direction and graphic design, and technology. This ever-expanding knowledge, network and interest both inspires and drives your creative thinking.What You Will Work On
Who You Will Work With
- In collaboration with the NA Stores Brand Marketing, Inline Concepts, and functional teams, leads the development and drives innovative solutions for storytelling across all commercial touchpoints.
- Leads implementation of Brand visual centers; vision for the season, onboarding external partners & agencies and provides meaningful feedback to internal and external designers.
- Manages and gives clear direction to partners and fellow designers, assisting them to deliver effective solutions.
- Operational excellence always: ensure the delivery of high-quality work, on time and on budget 100% of the time.
- Becomes an expert on the function and capabilities of our platforms.
- Fosters and builds relationships across the functions to gain an understanding of what teams’ roles & responsibilities are, to gather information and grow your expertise.
- Actively gains knowledge of Converse’s products and processes, trends, the consumer and the communities we stand for, and overall marketplace culture.
- Gains knowledge around our physical product (the sneakers and clothing) each season.
- Utilizes exceptional design skills and demonstrates innovation in creating original solutions.
- Utilizes exceptional design skills and demonstrates innovation in leading team to create original solutions.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrates advanced-level knowledge of current trends, technology, design systems and other design influences.
- Works with design counterparts in Global Brand to ensure continuity utilizing NA creative assets across platforms and digital touchpoints.
What You Bring
- Partnership with cross-functional teams is expected. Must be comfortable working in a matrix organization. Inviting perspective and diverse points of view into the workflow is key to achieving results.
- Works with Creative Director, IBC and Direct Stores Marketing and cross functional counterparts to ensure continuity across segment and areas of focus, sharing personal knowledge, experience, and skill.
- Collaborates with the North America marketing team and direct stores team to bring brand relevant design solutions to life, while achieving overall marketing objectives.
- Works closely with internal teams and sometimes external agencies and creative collaborators to help bring work to life.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or design-related equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience in graphic design and art direction for large retail or key agency experience specific to the footwear/apparel industry.
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills, strong proficiency in presentation development in Keynote
- Creative, bold, and digitally savvy.
- A genuine passion for design and marketing to a variety of audiences, (with a concentration and deep understanding of the female and teen male audience)
- Extensive knowledge social media platforms.
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, organized, very detail oriented, collaborative and flexible.
- Able to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes.
- Familiarity with project tracking tools such as Asana or Trello.
- Deep connection to culture and trend.
- Excellent writing and communications experience.