The Freelance Art Director will work closely with the creative team, content strategists and account leads, to provide excellent creative execution and service to designated clients. You will be responsible for creating and executing concepts and ideas across different platforms and channels, including: social media campaigns and other digital placement. The primary focus will be creating content for social media and social media advertising, contributing to brainstorms, and helping achieve client objectives with great creative work. You’ll need to be an expert in multiple facets of the creative process — and the creative industry — in order to produce the best work. Doing so means being an art director, designer, photographer, video editor and producer, all in one.
Time Commitment: We are looking for candidates with 30-40 hours available per week.Responsibilities
- Develop and direct creative work of the highest caliber to achieve Client objectives
- Contribute to concepting/brainstorms for your Clients that capitalize on social media platform updates and pop culture trends
- Understand performance driven creative
- Graphic design and editing as needed
- Edit assets and be able to add motion as needed
- Participate in new business pitches when needed to sell in creative ideas to Clients
- Develop original concepts designed to meet clients’ strategic objectives & brand standards
- Stay up-to-date on existing social channels and digital marketing to discover and pitch opportunities for new content concepts for clients
- Project manage all owned creative deliverables and be sure that you meet all deadlines
- Manage quick turnaround times & robust volume of content via efficient processes
Client Services / New Business
- Manage the creative stage of the proposal process by providing ideas and graphically designed proposals to the new business team in a timely manner. Participate in the pitch when needed to sell-in creative ideas.
- 4-5 years graphic design/art director/copywriting/production/editing experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to multitask, set priorities, and take initiative
- MUST be a strong, self-starter adept at independent problem-solving
- MUST have a can-do and positive attitude
- MUST have agency experience and be familiar working in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Google Slides, and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and trends in design for FB/IG/TikTok/Twitter/LinkedIn/Pinterest, etc.
- Strong understanding of production and performance driven creative
- Detail oriented with a strong ability to prioritize work and resources
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in design or a related field
- Video editing experience and strong familiarity with Adobe After Effects
- Strong desire to deliver the best results possible for clients
- Proactive problem solver
- Adaptive and able to remain calm under pressure
- Performance Media experience a plus
- Photography/videography/production experience
- Experience working with luxury brands with high-quality assets a plus
Hourly rate for this position will range from $30-$50 per hour, and will be commensurate with experience.
Powered by JazzHR