Our client, a boutique children’s clothing company, is looking to add a Freelance Children’s Assistant Designer
to their growing team.Salary/Hourly Rate
$25/hr – $30/hrPosition Overview
As a Freelance Children’s Assistant Designer, you will play a vital role in supporting the Design team in creating and developing our fashion designs. You will work closely with the Senior Designers to bring their creative visions to life, from concept to final product. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented individual who is eager to learn and grow within the fashion industry.Responsibilities Of The Freelance Children’s Assistant Designer
Qualifications For The Freelance Children’s Assistant Designer
- Design support: Collaborate with Senior Designers to assist in the conceptualization and development of fashion collections. Create sketches, technical drawings, and digital renderings of designs.
- Material and trim selection: Assist in sourcing and selecting fabrics, trims, and accessories for design projects. Maintain a well-organized materials library.
- Prototyping and sampling: Participate in the creation of prototypes and samples to test design concepts and fit. Assist in fit sessions and provide feedback for design improvements.
- Trend research: Stay informed about industry trends, market research, and competitor analysis. Compile trend reports and mood boards to support the design process.
- Technical support: Collaborate with the Technical Design team to ensure accurate and detailed tech packs. Assist in communication with manufacturers and patternmakers.
- 1 year of previous design experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong sketching and illustration skills.
- Basic understanding of textile technology, fabric construction, and garment manufacturing.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Detail-oriented with a passion for fashion and design.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or a related field is required.
As a woman-owned firm, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), age, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Candidates who apply for roles through the Atrium website will be added to our candidate pool and may be considered for additional roles of a similar title. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
- Available upon eligibility
Position ID: 132190