Our client is seeking a Production Designer with experience in retail or product to join their team for a great long-term contract.
The Production Designer will be working on everything from packaging to collateral to mailers, but previous packaging experience is required. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years working in a fast-paced environment and previous experience with fashion, retail or luxury goods. This role is onsite 3 days a week in Boston.
- Responsibilities: Design and update printed marketing collateral based on existing brand guidelines.
- Create and maintain packaging mechanicals and dyelines that are ready for hand-off to vendors.
- Create artwork within templated files for POS merchandising that is consistent across several configurations of displays and graphics.
- Manage projects within project management system.
- Manage and communicate with vendors about print specifications for packaging and merchandising materials.
- Possess a strong sense of type, color and page design and serve as the ambassador for the brand standards.
• Review graphics, layouts and fonts before projects are released
• Build and create retailer merchandising projects in accordance with vendor specifications
• Create/modify product packaging artwork files
• Type setting, image manipulations/resizing, art creation and/or modification
• Create/Modify PowerPoint presentations for the Marketing team
• Prep print, digital, merchandising, and packaging files for release
• Strong abilities across: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, , Keynote and Wrike.