Jr Designer, 360
- Creative, North America
- Duration: end of November – 3 months (based on overall performance and business needs)
- Working location: NYC – in office 3X a week required
- Schedule: 9am-5pm Mon-Fri = 40 hours a week
- Team: Director, Creative Content + Associate Art Director, VM
Overview: This position will join the Brand's North America creative team as a Freelance Junior Designer. The candidate will report directly to the Creative Director to execute 360º design solutions across digital and print for a variety of business channels including ecommerce, paid media, and visual merchandising, etc. The candidate will also partner with the Creative Director, Copy Writer and Marketing teams to brainstorm solutions and discuss edits. The ideal candidate will be design obsessed, self-sufficient in time management, solution-oriented and resourceful – with a keen eye to ensure that brand aesthetics are maintained.
• Support the Creative team with graphic design-related needs focusing on digital elements such as email, site, and digital media assets, etc., while providing additional support on print elements such as lightboxes, window graphics, visual merchandising, collateral, etc.
• Ensure brand aesthetics and design standards are upheld, style guide is adhered to and approved assets are being used.
• Ensure cohesion of omnichannel campaign and promotional assets.
• Actively participate in team brainstorms and provide ideas.
• Collaborate with Ecommerce, Marketing, Visual Merchandising, and Production cross-functionals to understand design needs.
• Partner with the Creative Director to review ideas and solve design challenges together.
• Responsible for all revisions, including changes to copy and art direction.
• Participate in weekly cross-functional department status meetings.
• Create PDFs of all artwork for interdepartmental review.
• Catalog and organize artwork files (working and final) on the server for future reference.
• Ability to collect and hand off organized design files to vendors.
• Work cross-functionally and meet deadlines.
• Search within our DAM system, to help curate image selects for designs.
• Basic understanding of production requirements (mechanicals, dielines, type safety, lives and trim).
• BA/BS/BFA degree in Communication Arts or other Graphic Design related field.
• Software Requirements: Mac platform. Adobe Creative Suite proficient - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. Microsoft Office proficient - Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Figma proficient. Wrike (or similar project management software), Animation, Pitch, and Premiere experience a plus, but not required.
• 2+ years of graphic design experience in luxury, fashion or beauty retail preferred.
• Stellar typography skills and aesthetic.
• Desire to think strategically, brainstorm and problem-solve from many angles.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to carefully follow direction.
• Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills and team player attitude.
• Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Ability to take direction and work closely with team members.
• Basic knowledge of pre-press and print production.
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently.