The social media and content manager
is responsible for
helping to advance 95 Percent Group’s business goals, raising brand awareness about the company’s flagship One95™ Literacy Ecosystem™, and shining a light on our thought leaders’ contributions to the science of reading. Responsible for managing the company’s social media accounts and developing digital content, this role is critical to telling and sharing the range of stories and research that differentiate our product offerings, professional learning services, and thought leadership more broadly.
The social media and content manager is a dynamic storyteller with a passion for developing highly engaging content and reporting strategically on news. You will report to the director of brand marketing and work closely with other members of the marketing team. You will also work collaboratively with other departments within the company, including research, academic and professional learning, customer success, sales, and human resources.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Help plan, update, and execute the editorial and social media calendars, across key thought pillars, topics, and formats.
- Help plan and execute our organic social media strategy across key channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, in support of brand and business objectives .
- Create and wisely repurpose highly engaging, dynamic content (including but not limited to written stories and infographics) for a variety of media and audiences.
- Partner with internal and contracted media producers on new content projects across formats, including videographers, freelance writers, and designers.
- Assist in writing and editing online news, and write the majority of social media copy, maintaining brand voice, feel, and tone.
- Manage social media campaigns in coordination with marketing and events colleagues and with stakeholders across the company, leveraging internal and external influencers through social sharing.
- Work with partner organizations and other influencers, developing social sharing strategies and tactical plans that boost our brand and social performance.
- Assist the director in preparing press releases and related collateral. Help plan strategic pitch campaigns tied to business priorities.
- Moderate social media channels daily, managing responses to comments and queries in a timely and engaging manner. Participate in science of reading communities and competitive monitoring, staying close to the latest information and seeking out new opportunities in the field.
- Serve a key role in monitoring campaigns and reporting back on performance monthly, quarterly, and annually. Work with growth marketing and marketing operations to measure social media and digital content across key performance indicators.
- Identify and cultivate 95 Percent Group’s online following by proposing new, innovative social media campaigns, initiatives, platforms, and technology efficiency to deepen connections with target audiences and streamline programming.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must have the ability to project manage in a self-directed manner and handle multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment.
- Collaborative focus, with strong project-management, data analysis, editing, research, interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as with others, and to handle situations with diplomacy and tact.
- A strong work ethic, resourcefulness, and willingness to take on wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Proven skill and passion for social media storytelling, community building, and marketing.
- Strong writing and copyediting skills and deep knowledge of editorial style, serving as a role model for others.
- Enthusiasm for social media trends, culture, and best practices, and a passion for exploring emerging platforms and media.
- Skilled at leveraging video content and writing news and feature articles.
- Skilled at envisioning and helping to create a range of vibrant, on-brand graphics.
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently in a deadline-driven environment working on multiple priorities at once, both independently and as part of a team.
- Have some experience with Canva, HubSpot, or other social media tools.
Experience in the education space and an understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience managing social media accounts, content development, marketing and communications, public or community relations for a business, nonprofit, or agency work.
- Bachelor’s degree.
A strong working understanding of social media and marketing analytics and metrics.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The use of standard office equipment
ork environment with a low noise level
95 Percent Group is a leader in literacy instruction for pre-K through grade 8 across the
The company offers professional development training for teachers and administrators as well as print and online products to
teachers with literacy instruction. 95 Percent Group’s comprehensive educational consulting, professional development, diagnostic assessments, and instructional materials help schools deliver instruction that consistently and significantly increase reading achievement.
The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Lincolnshire, IL (northwest suburban Chicago). Its customers are primarily school districts across the U.S., and they are served by consultants who travel for on-site training as well as through online training
95 Percent Group has a fully engaged and highly committed leadership team who
deeply about our mission
hired the best from inside and outside the industry. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a company positioned for continued significant growth.
is knowing that what
doing every day is making a significant difference in children’s lives. Come work with a group of smart, fun, passionate professionals who value creativity, innovation, and making an impact.
95 Percent Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.