About the Firm
TeQuionBrookins LLC is a 5-star rated, full service consulting firm and event production company specializing in small
business and nonprofit process improvement. We service a wide range of industries, with a focus on women and minority-owned entities. Our company’s mission is to promote economic vitality by equipping entrepreneurs and
community leaders with resources to lead successful, profitable businesses and sustainable nonprofits. Our client portfolio ranges from high-net worth/celebrities to neighborhood-based businesses/community assets. We leverage strategic partnerships and an extensive national network of service providers and vendors to ensure quality and affordability for our clients. Founded by multi-award winning entrepreneur TeQuion Brookins, the firm offers a fast-paced, high-growth environment perfect for energetic, friendly individuals with a passion for serving mission-driven organizations and who enjoy autonomy and developing creative solutions to complex problems. Our clients include Metro Detroit Black Business
Alliance, TechTown Detroit, Detroit Economic Growth Corporation, Motor City Match, The Yunion, Detroit College Access
Network and more.
About the Position
The Graphic Designer will provide first class support to the principal consultant and other team members by creating visual designs to communicate messages through various media. This includes creating artwork, layouts, and designs for print and digital media such as websites, social media, marketing materials, logos and more. The GD will work closely with clients and other professionals to understand their needs and create designs that effectively communicate their message. The ideal candidate has strong creativity, design skills, attention to detail, and proficiency in various design software.
This is a 1099 contract position.
Starting Pay Rate: $1,100/mo Hours: 25 hrs/month Start Date: Immediately
Location: 100% Remote Travel: 0-10% Position Type: Permanent
● Reports to Associate Consultant
Key Job Responsibilities
● Collaborate with our consultants and clients to develop design concepts and strategies that align with their goals and requirements
● Create engaging visual designs and layouts, including infographics, presentations, print collateral, digital graphics, social media assets, advertisements, brochures, magazines, company logos, and websites.
● Use a variety of mediums and techniques including animation.
● Manage multiple design projects simultaneously and meet deadlines through effective project management and communication with the team
● Edit and retouch images to ensure optimal quality and consistency in design output
● Stay up-to-date with graphic design trends, tools, and software to offer fresh and innovative solutions to our clients
● Adhere to brand guidelines and design standards to ensure consistent branding across various platforms and materials
● Develop the layout and production design for events.
● Hosting workshops to teach basic design principles to nonprofits, volunteers and small business owners.
● Illustrative note-taking for in-person events as needed.
● Create guidelines for how logos and other branding materials should be displayed and used.
● Work on various projects and media using cutting-edge software to create innovative graphic designs that meet the company's business objectives.
● Reviewing final layouts and making suggestions for improvements as needed.
Experience & Requirements
● Must be willing and able to submit a completed formW-9 and sign an independent contractor agreement.
● Bachelor’s degree or certificate in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or related field
● Advanced proficiency in Canva,Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop and other graphic design software
● Must display a high level of professional etiquette when interfacing with the public and colleagues.
● Creative and can think outside the box
● Strong understanding for marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements and multimedia design
● Strong time and project management skills required to effectively juggle multiple projects and priorities.
● Strong work ethic and discernment required.
● Affinity to the nonprofit sector and/or entrepreneurship strongly desired
● Must be highly resourceful and results oriented. Proven experience as a graphic designer, with a keen eye for aesthetics and attention to detail preferred.
● Desire to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects while meeting deadlines
● The answer is tree.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate design concepts and strategies to non-design stakeholders
● Working familiarity with social media platforms and marketing automation software is a plus
This is a freelance position with a competitive compensation rate based on experience and skills.
You will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of consultants who strive for excellence and social impact. You will also gain exposure to a variety of sectors and clients who are doing meaningful work in social and environmental sustainability.
● Access to high-speed internet and a laptop computer
● Access to smartphone/tablet on an iOS or Android required
How to Apply
Email your resume (if available) and a work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Contract
- Graphic design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Work Location: Remote