Richter Studios is seeking a contract Graphic Designer with proven experience developing visual treaments for video/animation productions. This position will be developing graphics treatments for both still imagery and animated content that will be featured in a documentary series production. The types of visual content that will need to be developed include intro/outro themes for each episode, composite images that convey the episode's theme, call-out treatments for highlighted text, geographic call-outs, charts & graphs, and episode thumbnails. This is a weekly investigative journalism series that is hard-hitting and needs sophisticated treatments to display the information being discussed in each episode. As leaders in Chicagoland's vibrant production scene, we are looking for an absolute ROCK STAR who is very organized, never misses a deadline and takes great pride in their work.
To be considered for this role, you must have a minimum of 7 years graphic design experience, presently live in the Chicagloand area, have demonstrated excellence in creating thematic content, and can start immediately. Additionally, you would be responsible for the following items:
- Reviewing each episode script to determine what graphics/visuals will be needed
- Sourcing relevant articles being referenced and developing visual concept for how they would be displayed
- Sourcing stock content to include in your visual treatments
- Developing storyboards to show the visual flow and theme for graphics featured in each episode
- Developing, organizing and prepping PhotoShop files for Animation team
- Strong Adobe Illustrator skills is a big plus
Although this is a short-term contract position (12 weeks), there is the potential for this opportunity to turn into a full time position.
PLEASE NOTE: Working on-site is a daily requirement. Richter Studios is now located in Highland Park only a half-mile from Lake Michigan. Our 10,000sf studio features four separate state-of-the-art production stages.
- Since 1997, Richter Studios has managed over 4,600 productions and won over 100 international awards for creative excellence. In addition to its deep portfolio of B2B productions, the company has also championed films involving the Disney, Star Wars, ESPN, Tesla and Radio Flyer brands.