Position Title: Part-Time Graphic Designer
Salary Range: $40/hour - $40/hourPosition Summary
The New York County District Attorney's Office (DANY) has an opening for a Part-Time Graphic Designer in its Communications Department. The Graphic Designer will work with stakeholders to design content which showcases the Office's work to make our communities safer and our criminal justice system fairer. In this position, the Graphic Designer's work will engage and inform New York City's residents and strengthen bonds between local communities and law enforcement.Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Design, create, and edit print and digital materials from concept to execution.
- Create a DANY brand guidelines, implementing consistent design across all DANY materials including flyers, brochures, graphics for videos, PowerPoints, and more.
- Meet with DANY stakeholders to establish the needs of all public-facing units.
- Plan and illustrate concepts by designing rough layouts of art and copy, revise projects based on feedback.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders from the initial concept phase through completion.
- Coordinate with outside production vendors (e.g., printers) to execute projects.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and multitasking skills.
- Proficiency in WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite applications, basic HTML and CSS.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Advanced writing, graphic design, and editing (i.e., video, photo, and audio) skills.
- Professional photography skills
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Ability to follow directions and apply proper policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, law enforcement representatives, and outside visitors.
How To Apply
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field.
- Apply with a Cover Letter and Resume.
The New York County District Attorney's Office is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.About Us
- Current office employees: To be eligible for a transfer or promotion, staff must have already served at least 1 year in their current position and be in good standing. In addition, must meet the minimum qualifications of the position.
- Authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
- As a current or prospective employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for federal loan forgiveness programs and state repayment assistance programs. Please review the notice to see if you may be eligible for programs and how to apply at nyc.gov/studentloans .
The New York County District Attorney's Office serves and protects the People of New York through the fair administration of justice, without fear or favor. The Office's professional staff perform a variety of key functions, including supporting the Trial, Investigation, and Appeals Divisions, as well as other prosecution support and office functions. Our support staff receive a competitive salary and a generous benefits package, as well as unparalleled opportunities for professional development.
The New York County District Attorney's Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and culturally responsive workforce. Given the diverse nature of our community, the ability to work with people of different backgrounds is critical. The Office seeks to have a staff that reflects the diversity of the community that we serve. To that end, all applicants will be considered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, age, prior record of arrest; or any other basis prohibited by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.About the Team
The Professional Staff Recruitment Team at DANY supports the Office's initiatives to have a staff that reflects the diversity of the community that we serve. We seek employees that are interested in a career in the public sector and will support the Office's initiative of Moving Justice Forward.
For questions or inquiries, please contact Recruitment@dany.nyc.gov.