Summit Strategy is a leading integrated marketing + proposal consulting firm committed to igniting clients' growth and empowering them through strategic planning, proposal support, elevated branding + marketing, and best practices training so they can conquer new heights and win more business.
Deeply ingrained in everything we do is a dedication to redefining the possibilities for professional service firms. We have a vested interest in helping our clients’ overcome obstacles and scale intentionally, fueling success with an approach grounded in collaboration, challenging the status quo, and delivering on our promises.
We are looking to add immediate openings for a Federal Proposal Manager (Contractor/Freelance/1099) to join our growing team! As part of our consulting team, the Federal Proposal Manager will be responsible for supporting and/or managing proposals for a variety of clients, from capture planning to contract signature. They will work closely with our pursuit strategists, writers, editors, designers, and our clients' internal subject matter experts, marketing, sales, and pursuit teams.
This is a 1099 contract position on an as-needed basis.This is a remote position and hours are not guaranteed - however, we do have ongoing needs. Candidates must be able to quickly flex hours up/down consistent with client needs.
This is a 1099 contract position on an as-needed basis.
We go above and beyond to get the job done. We develop actionable solutions to complex challenges and drive impactful results. Put simply, we deliver on our promises and expect this role to deliver on those promises as well. Highlighted below are the core responsibilities and qualifications of the Federal Proposal Manager role:
- Must have experience as a proposal coordinator/specialist/manager for Federal proposals – with Federal / Government client experience required in Professional Services.
- Must understand detailed procurement/RFP requirements for Government agencies (e.g. DoD, Intelligence, Construction, and many others)
- Acts as the central point of contact on assigned proposals and leads the proposal team.
- Analyzes RFQs, RFPs, and RFIs to create proposal outlines and development plans.
- Directs proposal kickoffs and prepares detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines, and compliance matrices for all phases of proposal development.
- Crafts win themes, value propositions, and differentiated solutions.
- Writes proposal content, including management and staffing sections, resumes, project summaries, executive summaries, cover letters, and more.
- Synthesizes raw content from various sources into a cohesive and comprehensive package.
- Works closely with subject matter experts to translate technical jargon and ensure value propositions are communicated throughout the document.
- Writes persuasively, edits for one voice, and understands the business's value proposition.
- Captures and drives action items from meetings with proposal team members and capture teams.
- Provides writing guidance to authors to ensure proposals are clear and concise.
- Strong aptitude for improving organization, flow, readability, completeness, and clarity of technically-intensive proposals.
- Facilitates multi-disciplined groups in brainstorming and developing solutions to key aspects of the proposal.
- Solicits management reviews and approvals during proposal development.
- Monitors proposal content to ensure compliance with RFP requirements, evaluation criteria, and technical requirements.
- Maintains, augments, and improves libraries of reusable components, templates, and processes to reduce response time and improve quality on future proposals.
- Five (5)+ years of experience as a proposal coordinator/specialist/manager or similar role.
- Ability to translate highly technical information into pieces that are easily understood by a variety of audience personas.
- Experience coordinating proposals for architecture, engineering, construction, technology, an/or security professional services organizations.
- Experience writing persuasive content for proposals and other sales needs.
- Understanding of Federal procurement processes, requirements, and expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, technical writing, English, or other similar specializations.
- APMP certification preferred.
- An active subscription to Office 365 platform preferred.
Additionally, we're looking for someone who:
- Is a team player.
- Brings excellent multitasking skills.
- Is a critical thinker and problem solver.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Is dedicated to meeting project deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Is a self-starter and independent thinker.
- Is interested in the potential for a long-term partnership.
- Has served as a 1099 / Consultant prior and is interested in consulting as their primary workstream (i.e. no “moonlighting”)
Central to our core values, we believe it’s possible to work hard and have fun. We build friendships, promote healthy work-life integration, and celebrate our wins. After all, this isn’t just a job – this is our passion. Additional characteristics of our typical working environment include:
- 100% freelance/1099 contract position – hours are not guaranteed, and candidates must be able to quickly flex hours up/down consistent with client needs
- Schedule – Monday-Friday, traditional (9a-5pm business day in your local time zone); flexible to work client’s local time zone as needed
- 100% remote position/work from home – all work can be performed remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
- Variable project types dependent on client needs – Long-term (3-6 months+), short term (2-8 weeks), ad hoc (as needed), project-based (ongoing, as needed), retainer-based (3-6+ month commitments)
If your experience aligns, please respond with your portfolio, resume, and cover letter outlining your experience.
About Summit Strategy
Summit Strategy is an integrated marketing + pursuit consulting firm helping organizations grow their business and win more work through strategic marketing and proposal initiatives. Our team members have built and led high-performing marketing, pursuit, and business development teams for several multi-billion dollar global organizations. We are: strategic thinkers, business drivers, consensus-builders, team players, planners, go-getters, trendsetters, industry leaders, mentors, advocates, and more.
Learn more about Summit Strategy at summitstrategywins.com.
Summit Strategy is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which people processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.